Saturday, February 10, 2007

Saturday Skies and Socks

The sky was overcast for most of the morning, so I put off taking my Saturday Sky picture until mid afternoon. By that time, the clouds had moved off and the sky looked like this:

It was still cold, though, so I stayed inside and knitted another sock:


I came mighty close to matching the stripes perfectly. Pretty good for a first try, don't you think? This was the screaming stash project from my WIP List, which I can now update to look like this:

1. Prayer Shawl
2. Irish Hiking Scarf
3. Wavy Lace Shawl
4. Red Heart Strata Scarf
5. Branching Out Lace Scarf
6. Texas Longhorn Scarf
7. First Time Socks
8. Socks using Magic Loop
9. Socks on DPNs using Knit Picks yarn
10. Socks made from Red Heart Strata (I lost the ball band and forgot the name of the color.)

I'm working on the Texas Longhorn scarf for Cody. It was supposed to be part of his Christmas present, but he may get it in time for next fall. I found a Longhorns dishcloth pattern and am adapting it for a scarf. I have a football pattern to put on the other end. What I need to decide, though, is whether I want to repeat the patterns all the way up the scarf, or just knit the length plain with one pattern at each end. Or maybe I can alternate the Longhorn logo with the football pattern throughout the length of the scarf. That'd be neat.

Posts have been dull as of late. I'm even bored reading my own blog. The Pro Bowl was played this afternoon, and even the players seemed rather lackadaisical about the game. It doesn't really count for anything, so why go all out, though Drew Brees did injure his elbow. It wasn't serious and he should be back for next season with no problem. Peyton Manning hardly played at all, but Tony Romo played a good deal. He led the NFC back from a 14 point deficit only to lose the game by a last minute field goal by the AFC. And that's it for football until the fall...

I'm a bit put out with Amazon.com right now. I've been a customer of theirs ever since I got my first computer some 6 1/2 years ago. I order most of my movies and a great deal of my books from them. My most recent order was some stuff I bought for Christmas presents. Today when I tried to sign in to add something to my wishlist, I suddenly don't have an account any more. You have to sign in using your e-mail address. Now I registered my account with my old Dixie-net address. Since I changed ISPs back when I got DSL, I no longer have access to that e-mail address. I'd never gotten around to changing it on that site, but I'd still been able to sign in with it, until today that is.

When I tried to sign in today, it said they don't have an account associated with that addy. I even tried to sign in with my new addy, just in case I'd changed it and forgotten that I had, but still no go. So I went to their home page without signing in and tried a generic search for my wish list, and I was able to pull it up--using my old Dixie-net address. So they do have my address associated with my account, just not when I try to sign in. Note: I couldn't pull up my wish list using my new e-mail address, so I know I didn't change it on the site.

My next step was to send an e-mail to customer service explaining the problem. They sent a response back basically saying they can't help me because I didn't e-mail them from the address associated with my account and I needed to sign in to my account and change my e-mail address before they could do anything.

Well, DUH!!!!!

I can't sign in. That's the whole problem. I sent a response back to them (I actually sent the second one I typed out--the first was not very lady-like) stating that they needed to forward my complaint to someone who could actually fix it, or they would lose me as a customer. I don't expect them to be very helpful. A site that big has enough customers that they won't worry about losing just one.

*

*

Update: I asked Cody how he wanted the scarf, and he just wants one Longhorns logo and one football pattern on the ends and the middle knitted plain. That solves that dilemma.

*

2 comments:

Buck said...

I'm sorry to hear about your Amazon woes... I've been a customer of theirs for so long I've forgotten exactly when I bought my first stuff, but it's been a long time.

I hope you get things sorted out!

Nice socks!

Becky G said...

Thanks, Buck. I have ordered so much from Amazon.com, now that I can't sign in I think I'm going through withdrawals!