Thursday, December 31, 2015

Happy New Year






Yesterday morning, Cody got up and left home around 7:30.  A couple of hours later, he came back  and said, "It's done.   Everything is out of the house. " 

Beverly and James are completely moved out.  It'll be a few more days before they are completely ready to move back to Texas.  They're staying in a hotel for now.  Beverly's sister and her husband are coming to help move them.  They'd been in Utah (or Colorado -- I'm not sure which) spending Christmas with their kids and grandkids.  Cody said, "Beverly told Uncle Bill to stay home a few days and rest up before coming here, but apparently he heard 'Drive straight through and get here as quick as possible'".  They weren't going to get here until the 4th, but now I'm not sure when they're coming.

Yesterday evening, they took Cody out for a steak dinner.  He worked hard helping them pack up and move.  Today was the first day he was able to go hang out with some of his friends.

Oh, I should probably mention that we have Puddy Cat here, too.  She isn't used to other animals, so she's staying shut up in Cody's room.

While Cody was out visiting his buddies, I took the Christmas decorations down and did a little furniture rearranging.  I'm not quite finished, but I got tired and sat down to watch the ball games.

Though it leaves a very, very bitter taste in my mouth, I'll say it -- just this once --

Roll Tide.

Tomorrow, I'm going up to Southaven to hang out with Leann, Christi, Amy, and Kat.  I've got to find a knitting project to take.

Now, where are all my needles? 


No comments: