Friday, December 04, 2015

Busy Friday

I woke up way too early this morning.  I guess my body forgot I had a day off.  After laying in bed until 6ish, I realized that sleep wasn't going to return to me.  I got out of bed and started a little fire in my wood heater.  As I sat there with my coffee, waking up and warming up, I thought about all I needed to accomplish today and realized I needed music.  Lots of music. 

I remembered I'd had a really good Christmas playlist on my old Sony MP3 player.  Miracle of miracles, I actually found said Walkman.  I spent about half an hour trying to figure out how to upload my playlist from said Walkman to my computer, but never did get it to work.  I finally plugged my speakers into my MP3 player and just played my music from there. 

Back when I was a kid, I absolutely hated this song.  We sang it in church every year, and I groaned every year when we had to sing it.  That was before I heard this version:



This is still the only version I really like, but I no longer totally hate the normal Baptist Hymnal version, either. 

Once I got my music cranking, I put up the rest of my Christmas decorations.  Well, not all of them, but all that I'm going to put out this year.


I got some fake snow for my village on my mantle. 


I tried to put some boxes under the fake snow to make it look hilly, but the buildings just weren't setting right.  I took them back out, and left the village setting on flat land. 

I put out a few more doo dads.


But I think that's all I'm going to do this year.


I figure by next year, I'll have all my furniture in place and I'll be more settled in the house.  I'll know better where I want to put things.  I still want to do something to the front of my house, though, even if it's just stringing lights across the eaves. 

In the midst of all that decorating,  I started my baking.  Today I made cinnamon bread and banana bread.  At one point during the proceedings, I was really wishing I'd bought more than two mini loaf pans.  Not wishing hard enough to get dressed and go into town, mind you, but wishing nonetheless.  Still, I made do with the two I have.  It just took a little longer. 

All day long, it felt like a Saturday to me.  I don't know why, it just did.  Maybe it's because we got a half day off work yesterday.  I did two loads of laundry -- normally a Saturday chore -- and kept checking to see if the football games were on. 

I just hope I don't get up and go to church tomorrow.  I'll be the only one there. 


No comments: