Wednesday, December 16, 2015

More Upheaval

More upheaval at work, but it's not so bad this time.  Tomorrow they are going to open up the temp line that we run during peak season.  They're going to run it a couple of hours for training tomorrow and maybe Friday with partial staffing.  I don't know about that yet.  When we get back Jan 4th, they will begin training the temps who will be running it until the fall slowdown.  By the 6th, it should be up and running full speed. 

So, what does this all have to do with me?  Well, the brazers and test tank operators on that line won't be temps.  They tried to run it one year with temps as brazers, and that just didn't work at all.  They realized that the skilled positions -- such as brazers -- needed to be filled with experienced operators.  That's where I come in.  I will be moving to that line to sub - braze until the line shuts down when the work slows down in the fall. 

I will be the most senior employee on that line, and will be working for Supervisor Lee and Group Leader Theresa.  Supervisor Lee asked me today if I would come in tomorrow at 5 AM to have some header assemblies ready by the time shift starts at 7 AM.  I'm thinking sleep just isn't in the cards for me this week. 

After work, I stopped by and visited with Beverly a bit.  We discussed furniture and moving plans and what's going to happen over the next few weeks.  It's going to be busy, but we'll get it done.  And about the time we finish up with that, it'll be time to go back to work and hit peak season.

I'm beginning to understand what the phrase "no rest for the weary" really means. 





No comments: