Friday, December 11, 2015

There Is A Word

There is a word for what I am.  Tuckered, knackered, weary, worn out, rode hard and put up wet...no matter what you want to call it, it's what I'm feeling.  It all started at 3:30 AM.

As I was getting for work, I gazed longingly at the bed I'd just vacated and thought, "Oh, I want to crawl back into that bed so badly.  Why did I change my vacation day?  Why did I agree to come in early?  What was I thinking?  What is wrong with me?????"

And this after a nearly sleepless night the night before. 

I get to work, and I'm there working away.  The day is passing, albeit slowly. Finally, it's time to go...buuuut a certain former group leader ran up to me at the last minute and asked if I could stay late to help him do a prototype coil.  Sigh....It was only a few minutes, but it just made the day a little longer. 

Tomorrow, we have to go in at 6 for our annual safety training and stuff.  As if I weren't already tired...
..




No comments: