Saturday, December 12, 2015

He Is Born

So....this happened.

We had those safety meetings today at work, starting at 6:00 AM.  Well, I kept waking up throughout the night and I couldn't remember what day it was.  I was afraid I had missed the meetings and blown my perfect attendance -- and the pay bonus that comes with it.  I was very relieved when the alarm went off to find that I had not, in fact, skipped Saturday and missed the meetings.

When we got there, the Director of Operations explained why we were having the meetings on Saturday, followed by a Monday off.  They had scheduled the meetings back several months ago, and had booked a very expensive out-of-town motivational speaker to teach one of the classes.  That one wasn't about safety.  It was about motivation.  Anyway...

At the time, business was booming and sales projections were so high that the company really couldn't afford to lose an entire day of production to hold safety meetings.  Said safety meetings are required by OSHA, so they had to happen.  Thus, the Saturday schedule.

But then, about 2 weeks ago, a customer called and cancelled some 10,000+ units, making a Saturday scheduling unnecessary.  However, having already booked and paid this very expensive out-of-town motivational speaker for Saturday, they really couldn't move these meetings.  So, they are giving us Monday off to make up for having to work Saturday.

I know, right, but things just happen sometimes.  The good news is, we were done in plenty of time for me to get home and watch Navy beat Army for the 14th year in a row.

Here's a bit of trivia for you.  The last time Army beat Navy, Facebook didn't exist, the iPhone hadn't been invented, and this man





was 8 years old and in the second grade.



Tonight, we celebrate.  Tomorrow, we go back to being One Team, One Fight. 

To top things off, here is a fun version of one of my favorite songs: 





No comments: