Thursday, December 10, 2015

Naturally...


Insomnia hit hard last night.  So hard, even my melatonin supplement went down in defeat.  It was well after midnight before I got to sleep, and then I woke up twice before time to get up.  Which is 5:15 AM.  You know, just in case you were wondering.  Then, at work, a certain former group leader of mine came and told me that one of his brazers will be out tomorrow and asked me if I could come in at 5 in the morning.  Naturally, I said, "Of course."  So this post will be short and sweet.

Some of you may recall a few weeks ago when I put out a plea for washable fingering/sock weight yarn for the blanket I'm knitting for my sister and her family.  I'd already received a couple of packages, and today I came home to find one more waiting for me.


These yarns are from Lisa, and I'm thinking some of it might not make it into the blanket.  That ball of blue and brown in the middle is just screaming "SCARF!!!" to me.  It's got me thinking it might be time to warp the old loom once again. 

Also, Lisa being the dear, sweet, generous, wonderful person she is, picked out a surprise just for me:



You probably can't tell from the picture, but it's a t-shirt.  I love it!  Thank you, Lisa!  Mwaaa!

Apropos of nothing, I think it's a sad commentary on the state of my social life when the first Christmas card I receive is from the car dealership.  Well, I can't really complain.  I haven't sent cards out in a couple of years myself.  I have good intentions.  I just never seem to get around to it.  Heck, I'm doing good to get gifts to my family before Easter. 

Since I have to get up in an hour that begins with the numeral 3, I'll bid you goodnight and leave you with this, your Christmas song for today.








No comments: