Monday, December 14, 2015

All Done!

With my Christmas shopping, that is.  I drove on up to Batesville this morning and got the last of it taken care of.  Now it's all wrapped and put under the tree.


A Christmas tree just doesn't look finished until there are gifts under it.



Speaking of driving, I mailed off my first car payment today.  Now I feel legitimate -- like the car is actually mine.  I suppose he needs a name...

We come from a long line of named cars, from way back when my dad had  Maverick named Betsy.  My first car was a Mercury Bobcat.  He caught on fire in the parking lot of Parkdale Mall in Beaumont, TX.  After that, I named him Dennis the Menace.  My second car was an Alfa Romeo Alfetta I bought when I was in Italy, which I named Calvin -- after Calvin and Hobbes -- because he had a mind of his own.

When I got out of the Navy and returned Stateside, I bought a blue Tempo which went by the uninspired name of Little Blue.  After he bit the dust, I drove a charcoal gray Taurus who was called Smoky -- when I bothered to call him anything.  And of course, you all know Jimmy. Thus, the Focus needs a name. 

More good news-- Beverly and James got a contract on their house!  Yay!  The bad news is, it's a cash sale, so they have to be out by the 30th.  I suppose that's not really bad news, but it's going to make the next couple of weeks pretty busy.  They were going to give me quite a bit of their old furniture, so now I've got to figure out where I'm going to put it all.  I've got an idea, it's just a matter of getting it all into place.  Well, we'll see.

Even though this is really more of an Epiphany song than a Christmas song, it's still one of my favorites. 




No comments: