Saturday, December 05, 2015

Round One

Round one of my Christmas baking is done!


This isn't all of it, as I'd already packed what I'm sending to my sister when I took the picture.   The final tally is, 6 loaves of Pumpkin Bread, 9 loaves of Snickerdoodle bread (which is as delicious as it sounds), 4 loaves of Banana Nut Bread, and 4 loaves of Cherry Egg Nog bread.  The first two recipes can be found by clicking the above links.  The other two were taken from this book: 


Holiday Baking  available on Amazon.

In hindsight, I kind of wish I had gone back to the store and bought two more mini bread pans.  Not only would it have made things go faster, but it would have made it easier to divide the dough more evenly.  That way, I wouldn't have ended up with some loaves being much bigger than others.


Maybe I'll get some next time I go into town.

This is the other thing I did this weekend.  When I was trying to get my trailer house cleaned out so I could show it, I was stashing stuff here, there, and everywhere.  The other day, I was looking for a particular pair of earrings, and I couldn't find it anywhere.  I got frustrated, so I started going all over the house, rounding up all my jewelry.  That is what you see here:


It is all still a jumbled up mess, but at least it's all in the same place.  Next step will be untangling everything.  That will be a good project for one of these cold winter nights. 

This is another one of those songs I never liked as a kid.  Frankly, I didn't like it because I didn't get it.  Three ships?  Yeah, Yeah, I know.  The ships are representative of Mary, Joseph, and Jesus, but why ships? What do ships have to do with Christmas, and how can ships sail into Bethlehem anyway?  It's landlocked.  The song just didn't make sense to me.  As an INTJ, I don't like things that don't make sense --until I heard this version.




OK, so it still doesn't make sense, but I like it anyway.

No comments: