Monday, December 21, 2015

The Best Laid Plans

You know what they say about the best laid plans.  Well, it's even worse when you had just planned on winging it.  

Oh, I had a whole list of things I'd hoped to get done today, but in the end, I spent most of the day in front of the TV watching Christmas shows.  Well, that's not completely true.  I went to the store and got the last of my shopping done.  Not presents.  I'm done with those. 

I needed to get a few things for Christmas dinner.  Beverly and I haven't even talked about what we're going to have.  I imagine it'll be small, since it's just going to be the four of us again. I bought things to make the Jello salad I usually make, my sweet potato casserole, and a couple of pies.  And just as I was typing that, I realized I forgot pie crusts.  Sigh...

I think I'll give my son the sweet eyes and see if he'll go get me some tomorrow. 

I got home just in time for the rain to get here, and it hasn't stopped yet.  That means I didn't call the chimney guy.  He isn't going to want to come out in the rain.  That was my reasoning.  The rain is also my excuse for not getting my outside lights up.  I think that just may not happen this year.  Aaand it's my excuse for not getting my brother and sister in law and nephew's  presents mailed.  Well, the rain and I can't find a box the right size.  All the ones I have are either too small, or gigantic.  Sigh...again

What I did get accomplished was to make four more mini loaves of banana nut bread.  I hadn't planned to, but I had some bananas that were about to go bad and I didn't want them to go to waste.  Banana bread freezes well, so those are destined for the freezer.  The only other thing I did today was chop up my gumdrops for gumdrop cookies.  (Google it -- I use Paula Deen's recipe).

Dang it!  I just remembered something else I forgot.  I guess I'll have to go back to the store.  Big sigh...

Let's change the subject.  I recently renewed my NRA membership, and my gift arrived today.  This is the one I chose.  Let me tell you something, that baby was sharp right out of the box.


Here is an updated picture of my Peace Lily.  


I think it's looking a little better.  The only thing is the tips of the leaves are turning black.  I googled, and read that it happens when the sun hits them, but this plant has been out of the sun for months.  I don't know.  I'm just trying to keep it going. 

Beverly and James have to be out of their house in 10 days.  I said I'd help them move, so I guess tomorrow, I'd better get my hiney over there and get busy. 


No comments: