Tuesday, December 08, 2015

My New Hat

I've wanted this hat from the first time I saw it.  I finally broke down and ordered it.


It got here in time for the ArmyNavy game!

Speaking of this Saturday  -- which is when the ArmyNavy game is -- we have to go in to work for a half a day for safety training.  Then they are giving us Monday off.  I had vacation scheduled for Friday, so I moved it to Monday.  After turning in the paperwork and having it approved by Supervisor Ronnie, I thought, "with my luck, they'll shut down the plant Friday, too."  I hope they don't, but if they do, oh well.  I'm not moving my day again.

I'm thinking that I might head North that day and try to finish up my Christmas shopping.  I'm almost done.  Just a few people left to buy for.  Then I have to find boxes so I can mail all this stuff.

Here's a little trivia about this next song that some of you may not know.

For Bing Crosby's last Christmas special before he died, he and David Bowie were slated to sing The Little Drummer Boy as a duet.  There was just one problem.  David absolutely hated the song.  In the spirit of Christmas, he was willing to sing it anyway.  However, before they recorded the scene, Bing found out about David's disdain for this song, so he sat down and wrote the Peace on Earth descant -- so David wouldn't have to sing something he hated.

That right there shows a lot about the character of both these men. 



Here is a more modern version of this old favorite:




Here's a little family trivia about this song.  When Cody was 6 or 7, we were driving down the road when it came on the radio.  Cody hollered, "SHHHHH!!! It's the pum-pum song!" 

Ever since then, it's been The Pum-Pum song to us. 



No comments: