Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Tim



I love Tim McGraw. I've loved him ever since he first started singing. What you probably don't know is that when I was in the Navy, I knew someone who looked exactly like him. His name was Tim, too. How weird is that? For a long time, I wondered if Tim McGraw was my Tim, but he isn't. My Tim is shorter and from Tennessee. And Tim McGraw was never in the Navy.

Tim is the only man from my past that I have regretted letting him get away. Why did I do it? Well, my orders came through, and I transferred. I wasn't into long distance relationships, so when I left, that was that.

And I've been kicking myself ever since. Maybe someday I'll tell you all about Tim. But today is not that day. I can't share him just yet.


Even after all these years, he's still too close to my heart.

.

No comments: