Wednesday, December 22, 2010

I'm Free!!!

Well, for the next two weeks, that is.  Today was our last day of work for the year.  We don't have to go back until Jan 4.

My goals for the time I have off:

1.  Finish reading Ronald Reagan's autobiography.  This has not been as easy as I thought it would be.  It was interesting at first, but I've kind of gotten bogged down in the Middle East crisis, the Sandanistas, and Iran-Contra stuff.  But I'm going to keep plugging away at it, and hopefully get it finished.  Then I can go back to Atlas Shrugged

2.  Work on test knitting Tabitha's pattern.


2.5 Take better photos of Tabitha's pattern...  also to find a circular needle to transfer it to, so that I can spread it out better for said photos.

3.  Sort through old photos on my computer and delete the ones that just aren't any good.  You know, too dark, out of focus, bad composition--that kind of stuff.  The ones I should have deleted straight away, but didn't.  Then I want to transfer some of the older ones to flash drives, or some other type of external storage to clean up space on my computer.

4.  Buy new shoes.  Mainly work shoes.  This isn't as easy as it sounds, because safety regulations require that they be all leather.  Most shoes, even leather ones, nowadays have woven nylon tongues.  So, I have to find all leather shoes, that are durable and won't fall apart in 3 months, are comfortable enough to stand in for 8-10 hours a day, and look good.  Like I said, not as easy as it sounds.


5.  If it's warm enough, I may go to the zoo. 

6.  Try to get a life, since I have none.  I've practically turned into a hermit.  I hardly go anywhere any more.  I hardly do anything any more.  Of course, once I'm home from work, I'm usually too tired to want to do anything, but I need to get out more.  I need to be around people.  When your primary source of human contact is Facebook, you've got a problem.  But there really isn't anywhere around here to go to socialize, since I'm not into the bar scene.  Some of my friends at work tell me I should go to such and such bar to pick up men, then they turn around and complain that men are all pigs.  I want to tell them, "Well, what did you expect from men you pick up in bars?".  Good men are out there; they're just not usually hanging out in bars. 

7.  Watch football.  Oh, yeah.  You knew this would be on the list.  The Cotton Bowl has taken on a whole new twist, since LSU's biggest offensive weapon Stephan Ridley has been ruled ineligible for the game.  In fact, I'm not even sure who their second running back is. I guess I need to find that out, hmmm?

Well, that's my plans for the next two weeks.  Sounds exciting, doesn't it?  Boy, don't you wish you had my life?  But the best thing is, it's Christmas, and I'm not going to let anything dampen my spirits.

Bell


Not even the discovery that the cat has indeed been using my Christmas tree skirt as a litter pan.

Stupid cat.

.

7 comments:

Kristen said...

That darn cat!!! I was hanging with another knitter, yesterday, after work. I was actually proud of myself for getting out in person with a friend, instead of hanging with friends via the keyboard. And yeah, you won't find much substance in a bar. But my keyboard friends are awesome!!!

Becky G said...

Good for you! Pretty much all my friends are my keyboard friends. I have real life acquaintances, but few that I'd consider real friends. Since the dojo closed, I pretty much have no social life whatsoever.

I wish I had a yarn shop closer than 100 miles away! I'd make friends there, I'm sure. I am so looking forward to hanging out with Amy and Kathleen next week!

Kristen said...

Yeah, I actually considered briefly a flight to Memphis to join y'all, but I don't think I'm up to the TSA molestation. If I fly, I gotta go to Dallas to see my mom.

Becky G said...

We'd love to have you here, but I agree with you about the TSA molestation. I have a friend who wants me to come to Arizona to see him, but I can't figure out how to get there without flying. It's a 3 day drive from where I am, but I refuse to fly. He said he'd come here, but I'm very picky about who I have in my house. Some people are just too hard to get rid of!

Of course, YOU would always be welcome.

Kristen said...

Aww! We could knit! We could stitch and bitch! I wouldn't stay long. With six cats, I rarely leave my house. Junior can take care of them, but it's not the same and Lil goes crazy without me.

Sus said...

Are there any knitters in your church congregation? I'm thinking of trying to start a charity knitting/whatever circle at our new church... But yeah, we'll see how that actually goes. ;p

Becky G said...

I don't know of any. I've been wanting to start a prayer shawl ministry for years, but I never seem to find the time to get it going.