Sunday, December 05, 2010

Sunday Sundries Part Whatever

So, I had to run into the store this afternoon to buy a new fire extinguisher for the kitchen, and darn it all if these things didn't follow me home.


How do they keep doing that? It must be my charming personality. I just wish it worked as well on men.

So, why was I buying a new fire extinguisher? Well, I'll tell you. I was boiling down the turkey carcass for soup, and some of the grease spilled out of the pot. It hit the hot burner and ignited. I tried to smother it with the pot lid, but it just wouldn't smother. I stood there for a second trying to remember what common kitchen item you use to put out grease fires, when I said to myself, "Self, don't let your house burn down. Just use the fire extinguisher."

And that's what I did. Boy, whatever that powder is that they put in those things goes everywhere! And I do mean everywhere.  I still haven't gotten it all cleaned up.

This was my Saturday Sky for yesterday


but I watched so much football, I didn't get it posted.  And now, it's official.  Auburn and Oregon will be playing for the National Championship.  LSU will face Texas A&M in the Cotton Bowl, and TCU will go to the Rose Bowl.

If Auburn handles Oregon the way they handled South Carolina, we will have a National Champion from the SEC for the fifth year in a row.

Just one more thing before I head to bed...



HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS??????

2 comments:

Dale said...

How about them Cowboys!!! I loved it and I love the fact that we had a rookie linebacker have an amazing day, two picks with one of them being a pick six and one of them to close the door on the Colts. The bad thing about this is we lost Dez for the rest of the season. If it were not for an untimely fumble of Thanksgiving day we would be 4-0 under Garrett!

Kristen said...

I'm so glad you got that fire under control!!!