Saturday, December 11, 2010

Go Navy!

Beat Army!

For the ninth straight year, the Midshipmen did just that by a score of 31-17.  Were it not for the Navy's four turnovers, that score might have been a bit more lopsided.  I wore my dogtags in honor of the occasion.




Disclaimer:  These are not my original dog tags.  I had these replicas made with my SSN left off, for obvious reasons.

I spent the rest of this dreary, rainy Saturday knitting and baking Christmas cookies.  I made chocolate chip, and peanut butter today.  I'm going to have to go back to the store and get some more ground flax seed before I can do the snickerdoodles, but I've got vacation Monday, so there's no hurry.

Those peanut butter cookies are the bane of my existence!  The last couple of times I've made them, they've spread too thin and turned out really flat.  I don't understand what the deal is.  It may be the recipe I'm using.  Today, I used the one in the old Betty Crocker cookbook.  Next time I make them, I'm going to use the recipe from the church cookbook and see if they do any better.

I don't even like peanut butter cookies.  I only make them because Rod specifically requests them.  They're his favorites.  Of course, now that I'm no longer on his line, I don't have to make them nearly as much.  Unless he does me like he did Thursday and walk all the way over to my line to ask for some.  And when he gives me those big brown puppy dog eyes, how can I say no?

I've always been a sucker for big brown eyes.

Especially these


IRVING - AUGUST 28:  Marion Barber #24 of the Dallas Cowboys looks on during a preseason game against the Minnesota Vikings on August 28, 2008 at Texas Stadium in Irving, Texas.  The Cowboys won 16-10.  (Photo by Brian Bahr/Getty Images)


Yeah...

.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You weren't always a sucker for eyes. Remember back at HSU when you liked a particular guy's, um behind, and Jenn liked his eyes? Turns out you both liked the same guy, ROFL!

You've probably already blogged about this somewhere but I don't feel like searching for it right now.

Becky G said...

No, I don't remember that at all! Do you remember who it was? I do remember writing Jenn a note in church talking about how pretty the soccer coach's (Misail)big brown eyes were. I still have that note tucked into my Bible somewhere..

And just because I can um --admire-- other body parts doesn't mean I'm not still a sucker for big brown eyes.