Thursday, December 23, 2010

Only Me

I never wore a lot of jewelry.  It just wasn't me.  I did wear some.  A bracelet or two, a ring, and a necklace. 

When I started karate, I used to take my jewelry off before class and put it back on afterwards.  Soon it began to be too much trouble going through all this.  After a time, I just stopped wearing it altogether.

Recently, since it looks like my karate days are over for a while--the dojo being closed and all-- I decided to look for some of my old rings and start wearing them again.  I had this one little gold ring that I really liked.  I looked through my two main jewelry boxes, but didn't find it.  However, in my search for the elusive gold band, I did find this.



Then I remembered that I had a more authentic looking One Ring, complete with a certificate certifying that is is an authentic replica of the One Ring used in the movies.  So I started looking everywhere for that One Ring. 

I didn't find it, but I did manage to stab my finger on an old fishhook that had somehow found its way into one of my jewelry boxes.

Sigh, and I wonder why I can't seem to find a husband.

2 comments:

Sus said...

So does that make this one the Other Ring? ;)

You have fishhooks in your jewelry box; I just found two little blasters that belong to Star Wars action figures in my sewing box. We're so alike in some ways. :)

Becky G said...

I have a whole box of Star Wars figures somewhere. I even have one of the original Yodas from back in the 80s.