Saturday, November 01, 2008

Inertia

So I woke up yesterday morning with a long list of things I wanted to get done on my day off. I got Cody off to school, but then found myself beset by a serious case of inertia. I just couldn't seem to get myself moving. For real. I didn't even get out of my pajamas until 1:30.

I finally cranked myself up and got dressed. Much of what I had planned on doing--like clean up the kitchen and vacuum the carpet--fell by the wayside, but I did go get the car inspected. Sort of. I pulled up to the shop and told the person there that I needed an inspection sticker. That's exactly what she gave me--an inspection sticker. She didn't actually inspect the car. Boy, I feel safe now.

I went from there to do my grocery shopping, came back home, and the inertia set in once again.

So what did I do in all that time I was inert? I knit. What else?

Pattern: One Row Scarf
Yarn: Plymouth Encore Colorspun Worsted
Color: 7990
Needles: US 10
Recipient: Scarves From The Heart


Pattern: Varanasi Socks
Yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock
Color: Buck's Bar
Needles: 2.75mm

As you know, last night was Halloween. We keep our traditions fairly simple, pretty much limiting it to watching It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown. That's what we did, but wonder of wonders, we actually had a trick or treater come to our house! It's like only the second time in 15 years we've had one way out here. He was dressed as a clown. I wanted to get a picture, but I had to corral the dogs, and call Cody to come give him some candy. Good thing I thought to buy some.

On to today....

First up, your Saturday Sky:

It was like this all day. Beautiful.

Since I finished the charity scarf I was working on, I went back and picked up another I had started a while ago.

This is more of the yarn Shelly sent me. It is Skacel Antonia in the color 3119.

Now, UT and TT are playing, so I'm going to go watch.

And be inert some more...

3 comments:

Bag Blog said...

I have that same inertia problem. Wasn't the TT v UT game excellent!

Opal said...

I don't consider it inertia when you've accomplished so much knitting! If you had just sat on your ass and chomped on potato chips while watching daytime tv? Then I'd rethink my position. :-P

Becky G said...

Wasn't the TT v UT game excellent!

Uh, no. To fight their way back into the game, only to lose in such a stupid way. Heartbreaking, that's what it was.

Opal, that's what I keep trying to remind myself: in the old days, knitting was considered work! Now, we consider it a timewaster, but if our ancestors didn't knit, their families didn't have socks, or scarves, or sweaters.