Monday, November 10, 2008

A Non-Political Post

I normally try to keep politics off of my blog, but the events of this last week have inspired me to be more vocal in my writing (and linking). However, this post will be safe from all political views.

And from football, just so's you know.

That being said, it'll probably be a very short post.

So I was at work this morning, chugging along in my normal, lost in my own little world self when all of the sudden I felt a sharp pain shooting up one of my front teeth. It felt kind of like when you get ice cream on a molar, only I hadn't been eating ice cream. That soon subsided into a not really painful feeling of pressure. It was uncomfortable, but not unbearable.

However, as the day went on, the pain increased, and soon became unbearable. I spent a while trying to deny what had happened, but soon I had to face the truth. I'd developed an abscess.

As soon as I had the chance, I went and called my dentist. He promptly prescribed an antibiotic, to shrink the abscess, and scheduled an appointment, to check the tooth. Now, I'm no dentist, but I'm pretty sure the only way to confirm that it is an abscess is with an x-ray. I just hope it's something that he can take care of in his office, and that I won't have to go all the way down to Jackson and pay a gazillion dollars that I don't have to get it fixed.

And how was your day?

2 comments:

mornin'lady said...

ouch! I am so sorry.
Teeth problems make for non happy campers for sure. Been there, done that!Here's to hoping all the best with that tooth Becky!

Opal said...

I've just been battling with an abscess on my gums. I hope things go better with you then things have been with me. :-S