Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Two More

washcloths, that is. I finished this one last night.

This is Christmas Ornament from Harvest Moon designs, and I can only find it through Ravelry, though I'd gotten it from a regular website a couple of years ago. I can't seem to find it now. Found it: click on the picture in the right sidebar.

After finishing the ornament, I cast on this Nativity Cloth and finished it today. I'll give it a light blocking before giving to anyone.

I also lightly blocked the candle cloth from yesterday's post:

The design shows up much better, don't you think?

I think Opal may have jinxed me. Usually my post game football posts are forming in my mind while the game is still going on. However, Opal complimented me so well on the last one, that I think she jinxed me. I'm drawing a total blank on this San Fran game. And I do mean total. I've always had at least a few ideas to build upon, but this time...I got nothin. And I do mean nothin.

Today is Katie's 13th birthday. She celebrated by finding some dead thing to roll in. Mama didn't let her back into the house for a long time, but then, she and Rylea snuggled up on the love seat.

Katie's face is almost all white now, and each birthday that passes, I know that there will not be many more left. I'm already dreading the day when we have to let her go.

I don't want to think about it. Change the subject.

My cute little dragon eggs ought to begin hatching tomorrow or the next day. They've all got holes in the shells now.


Adopt one today! Adopt one today! Adopt one today! Adopt one today!

I've named my adult dragons, finally.

This is Nicola:

Adopt one today!

Named after Nick Folk. (Kickers are so under appreciated--until you need them!)

This one is Trindon:

Adopt one today!

Named after Trindon Holliday--my favorite LSU player.

This one is Jaysa:

Adopt one today!

Named after Jason Witten.

And this one is Prophyria:

Adopt one today!

Porphyria is actually the name of a group of diseases, but I changed the spelling a little bit because I thought it sounded like some fancy ancient word for fire.

They are all female, and I managed to feminize all the names except Trindon. I didn't want to mess with that name. I hope I get some males in this next clutch. What makes it hard is that so many people are using that website, but each name can only be used once.

I got up this morning at 5:20. Actually, I woke up needing to go to the little girl's room and couldn't get back to sleep. So I got up. After a while, I was listening to Around The World In 80 Days, which I downloaded from Librivox. I decided to go get back in my bed, because it was warm in there. I remember leaving Phileas Fogg somewhere in Nebraska, and the next thing I knew, he was in the mid Atlantic, running out of coal.

I had to go back and pick up those few chapters I'd slept through, but I did finish listening to it today.

Now I've got to go find me something else to download.

.

8 comments:

Opal said...

You are really cranking out the washcloths! :-o

I'm so sorry I jinxed you! Should I keep my compliments to myself? Should I leave disparaging remarks? Oh how can I make this right? *L*

I love the names of your dragons! Especially Jaysa. Speaking of which, I winced when Witten got hit hard in this last game. His poor ribs!

Becky G said...

Opal, they are so quick and easy, and they make great gifts.

Please don't stop commenting! I'll find something to break the jinx. Really, I will.

I know what you mean about Jason getting hit. I was like, "oh no!" He said it wasn't his ribs, though. He'd just gotten knocked senseless a minute. No lasting damage, and he'll be back on the field Thursday. Today on Talkin Cowboys, Mickey called him The Man Of Steel. It certainly fits.

mornin'lady said...

Dragons, huh...
I have always thought dragons were beautiful creatures, but then again they are quite evil in "Reign of Fire" aren't they.
Wishing you and Cody a truly Happy Thanksgiving Beck, and Tyler has decided he wants Katie after seeing her picture by the way :)

mornin'lady said...

oh wait, I wasn't done commenting :0)
I want'a make some of those wash cloths!!! are they hard?? Yours are gorgeous!!!!

Becky G said...

Is that a book? I haven't heard of that one. I much prefer the dragons of the Dragonriders of Pern series.

Tell Tyler he is welcome to visit Katie, but I'm afraid she has to stay here! We've had her since Cody was 2 years old, and I don't know what he would do without her!

Thank you, and you have a very happy Thanksgiving, too.

Becky G said...

I want'a make some of those wash cloths!!! are they hard?? Yours are gorgeous!!!!

Thanks again. No they are not hard at all. Just knits and purls. You can find a bazillion patterns on the web, most for around $2-3 each, and many are free. Give me a few minutes and I'll post with some links to free ones. In the meantime, if you click on the link for the Nativity cloth, you can find many that are only $2 each.

mornin'lady said...

Becky, don't tell me you haven't watched the movie "Reign of Fire"
with Matthew McConaughey and Christian Bale?????
It's simply one of my all time favorites, I can watch it over and over. If you haven't seen this one do so!! You will like it!

Becky G said...

Well, no I haven't watched it. I haven't even heard of it. But since you recommend it, I'll add it to my Netflix queue.