Wednesday, April 30, 2008

And So It Goes Pt II

Yesterday it was the phone lines. Today it was the water. I'm wondering what tomorrow will be, the electricity perhaps.

The day was made better because look what I got in the mail:

You know what's even better than getting a Netflix movie in the mail? Getting two Netflix movies in the mail:
You know what's even better than getting two Netflix movies in the mail? Getting all this yarn in the mail:

You know what's better than getting two Netflix movies in the mail, or getting all that yarn in the mail? Getting two Netflix movies and all that yarn in the mail:


You know what's even better than getting two Netflix movies and all that yarn in the mail? Getting two Netflix movies, all that yarn in the mail, and seeing the Brown Truck Of Happiness pull into my driveway. No, the package wasn't for me. It was for B, but she wasn't home at the time, and I was right there in the yard anyway, so I picked it up for her. And I got to see the really cute driver. Gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "Brown Truck Of Happiness."

You know what's even better than getting two Netflix movies, all that yarn, and oogling the Brown Truck of Happiness driver? Getting two Netflix movies, all that yarn, oogling the Brown Truck of Happiness driver, and popping one of those Netflix discs into the DVD player and starting a new scarf with some of that new yarn.

You know what's even better than that?

The DVD was Magnum P.I.

ahhh, Tom Selleck...

What could be better than that?

7 comments:

mornin'lady said...

Okay, now I see you are just one goofy girl. lol
My mom just loved Magnum P.I. too, heck she just loved Tom Selleck. I was always fond of the movie "The Sacketts", but my hero was not Tom, it was Sam Elliot!

Knit and fall back in it said...

You had quite a good day, even without water. Magnum P.I. was pretty hot, but I thought he looked even better as he got older, like when he was on Friends. Dawn has a point too, Sam Elliot is way up there on the hot-o-meter.

Where does Brown get all of their drivers? And Schwans - I love it when the Schwan's man stops by.

Anonymous said...

I'm excited for you with all those goodies and did you have to mention Mr. Good Looking himself Magnum P.I.! Well, since I can't join you have a ball for the both of us.

Buck said...

ahhh, Tom Selleck...

What could be better than that?


Lotsa things come to MY mind... like watching The Mule get his hat trick the other night, and watching the Wings sweep the Avs tonight. Just off the top of my head, ya know.

;-)

Becky G said...

Dawn, Sam is ok...

KAFBII, yep, it was a good day, and the water was back on in just a couple of hours, too. That made it even better. One thing you really don't appreciate until it's not there is the ability to flush the toilet. Let's not go there...

Phyllis, I'll think about you while I'm watching.

Buck, just like a man!!!

OhAmyKP said...

You know, there's instant Tom Selleck gratification at Netflix Online. Netflix now has Instant play feature online and Magnum PI episodes are up there to view.

And since we're gushing over hot men ('cept for Buck). I'd like to add Dexter (Hot serial killer...who cares what his realy name is) Hottie, Yum, Yum, Yum. Netflix has provided me with several hours of Dexter Instant gratification. (that was a bit nasty, sorry :)

Becky G said...

Why, yes, I do know about Netflix's watch instantly feature. But the recliner is so much more comfortable, and the TV screen so much bigger that I usually don't even bother.