Sunday, November 23, 2008

Sunday Stuff

Football. All day long, just football. The Cowboys first, defeating the 49ers. Then the Giants crushing the Cardinals. Finally, I ended the day with the Colts winning on a last second field goal over the Chargers. The best part of that game was that I got to watch my boy Jacob Hester score his first career touchdown. I'd once promised to name a child after him, back when he was at LSU.

I whipped out a washcloth while watching football:



The pattern came from Knitwits Heaven and the yarn is Peaches & Creme cotton in the color Yellow. I bought four balls of this cotton yarn to make dishcloths that I though I could use as Christmas presents. I finished this one, and have started another.

BCS rankings came out and poor Texas Tech has dropped all the way down to #7. Alabama is still #1, while Texas has moved back up to #2. Makes you wonder which team is the real fluke, doesn't it.

I got four more of those cute little dragon eggs:

Adopt one today! Adopt one today! Adopt one today! Adopt one today!

I've got to think up names for my adult dragons. No dragon should have to go through life nameless. Problem is, they are all female, and the names I am thinking of are masculine names. I may just use them anyway.

Who's gonna know?

5 comments:

Opal said...

I firmly believe Sundays are the best day of the week this time of the year. :)

Anonymous said...

Since they are dragons and female, couldn't you name them Hillary, Nancy, Michelle, and ...?

Oh sorry, did I just say that out loud? The Chicago thugs will be coming after me any day now...

Becky G said...

Opal, definitely!

Patch, good one! But I wouldn't insult my poor dragons that way...he he he.

SJ said...

Yes, I am lucky indeed! Size 12 - ouch!

I like the idea for the washcloth. Neat!

Becky G said...

Sj, size 12, and black!

Thanks, I love making washcloths. They are so quick and easy, and make great gifts. Plus, though they may fade, they don't wear out easily. The first ones I made I am still using 5 years later, with no sign of wear. Except the one the puppy chewed a hole in, of course.