Saturday, November 15, 2008

Gray Saturday Sky

And a little fall color.
The completed Varanasi sock

And the beginning of the second one:


The plan was to get up and go shopping in a town just to the South of Memphis, however, when I saw how gray the skies were and how hard the wind was blowing, and how empty my bank account was, I decided we'd just stay home.

A strong North wind blew all day, and now that the sun has gone down, the temperature is dropping like a rock. It's already down to 41', and I'm sure Katie is glad of her new sweater. Cody took her outside a few minutes ago, and came back in proudly declaring that she wasn't even shivering. Ooooh, and the temp has dropped two more degrees just since I wrote that!

Warm up the hot chocolate and break out the blankets. It's gonna be a cold one!

.

4 comments:

Perpetual Beginner said...

That is a pretty, pretty sock. Nice pictures to.

And to toss in a comment on the previous post Wow! Does Cody ever look different in a uniform or what?

Bag Blog said...

I love the fall leaves. The sock is nice too. The wind blew here too.

Sus said...

Your sky looked a lot like the one up here. Autumn is certainly in full force!

I *love* the sock! The yarn is lovely and great for that terrific pattern!

I hope you enjoyed your day curled up at home! Sometimes those are the best!

Becky G said...

Thanks Cindy!

Lou, thank you, too.

Sus, but did you have the buzzard flying through yours?