Saturday, November 15, 2008

I Would Never

I've always thought putting clothes on a dog was a silly thing to do. I never saw the point. The dogs certainly didn't seem to like wearing clothes. I said I would never put a dog of mine in a sweater.

I've never had a 13 year old dog before. The older Katie gets, the more she doesn't seem to be able to handle the cold. The last cold spell we had--a week or so ago--when we let her out, she would come back in and be visibly shivering.

So I decided to put her in a sweater. I was going to knit her one. I looked around on Ravelry, but all those patterns seemed kinda complicated. What is a dog sweater anyway but a tube with leg holes? I figured I would just wing it.

Then Friday when I was doing my weekly grocery shopping, I found some dog sweaters that would fit her for only $5. I went ahead and got her one, but still plan on knitting a better fitting one eventually.

Don't I look pretty?


Ok, Mama. I'm all ready to go outside!


Not so fast, Katie! It's still 60' outside!

I think she'll get a chance to wear it tonight and tomorrow. It's supposed to get down into the low 30s.

.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adorable! For a dog anyway.

(Patch)

Becky G said...

Thanks, Cliff, Claire, and Carson. She's lost the thing already, so apparently she doesn't agree with you!