Saturday, November 08, 2008

Skies, Socks, And Scarves

The Saturday Sky webring was started some two years ago someone by whose blog I no longer visit. The ironic thing is, she came up with this idea, started this web ring, but never once posted a Saturday Sky photo herself. Now, she is not even listed as a member of the webring, and I'm not sure it is even still in existence. It was never a very popular ring, with just under 150 members before she closed it to new admissions. As of this date, only about 4 of us still post regular Saturday Sky photos. I have no point to make. I'm just rambling.

With all that said, here is Saturday Sky for this week:

At least one good thing came out of that Saturday Sky web ring. It was there I met blog buddy Sus.

What else I did today....I massively cleaned house, including Cody's bathroom. I deserve a medal for that. I knitted a bit on my Varanasi socks:


I started a new charity scarf:

The yarn is some I got in a Ravelry swap. It didn't have a label with it, but I'm about 99% sure it is Red Heart Supersaver in the Painted Desert Colorway. The pattern is one I adapted from a leaflet I got at Wal-Mart several years ago. I started over... er, I swatched it a couple of times before finally settling on the cast on that would result in a width I like. The pattern pulls in quite a bit, so it's kind of hard to judge, but I think I've finally got it like I want it.

I put up a new door decoration. Isn't it cute? Even better, it was on clearance for only $5.


In football news, LSU took top ranked Alabama into overtime, but ended up dropping the game. 27-21. LSU's biggest problem this year is that they just don't have a quarterback. They are playing with red shirt freshman Jarrett Lee, who will be good in a few years, but right now he just lacks the experience and the confidence to lead a team like LSU.

Texas returned to its true form, laying a 45-21 smackdown on Baylor University.

Gratuitous Colt McCoy photo:

(photo by Brian Bahr/Getty Images)


Texas Tech is playing Oklahoma State right now.

GO OSU!!!

1 comment:

Bag Blog said...

Texas v Baylor - snort.