Saturday, August 23, 2008

The Spoiler

Preventing a Chinese sweep of the Olympic diving medals was Australian diver Matthew Mitchell, who came from behind in the last round to snatch the gold from Zhou Luxin, who appeared to have the medal locked up. However, in the sixth round, one really bad dive and one really good dive shocked the water cube into silence as Mitchell came from out of nowhere to win the event.


(AP Photo/Domenico Stinellis)
Cody says, "Do they have to wear Speedos?"

Early this morning, the rain clouds moved in and my Saturday Sky


turned gray, and stayed that way. A light rain fell off and on all day. Perfect for watching Olympics and knitting. In addition to the diving, I watched the women's basketball team win their fourth gold medal in a row, and the women's volleyball team take the silver.

Synchronized swimming, rhythmic gymnastics, and track and field events rounded out the day.

The lace shawl is coming along. I've completed round 149, and have only 4 more to go until I get to the border! I should be done--at least with the knitting part--by tomorrow.

3 comments:

Buck said...

I watched the US men take the basset-ball gold in real time (VERY) early this morning... and what a game that was! No 30-point blow-out this time... Spain came within two in the fourth quarter before they lost their discipline and the US pulled away. The final minute was un-bee-leeb-able!

I'm not a roundball fan... at all... but this game was classic. Don't miss it if NBC re-runs it...even tho you know we won.

Becky G said...

I saw highlights of the game online, but could never find out if it were going to be replayed. Too bad, it looked like it was a good game. I'm not a basketball fan either, but I would have liked to have seen this one.

Inquiries said...

Cody's speedo comment made me laugh.