Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Light Blogging

Heavy Olympic watching.

I'm a little aggravated at NBC's coverage of the games. The last few events of the gymnastics competitions took place yesterday, China time. They are being shown tonight tape delayed. They are also showing track and field events, also tape delayed.

In what is considered the Prime Time hours, they are showing quarterfinals and semifinals of the track and field events. The MEDAL events of gymnastics won't be coming on until 10:00 PM.

Granted, I'm no TV producer, but I would think medal events should take priority over preliminaries. They should be shown at the times when more people would be able to watch them.

But that's just me.

Oh, lace knitting is coming along right nicely, too. 15 more rounds and a border and I'm done!

Woo Hoo!

4 comments:

Knit and fall back in it said...

That's just one more reason that I love my DVR!

Godspeed on the lace.

Buck said...

I'm with ya on the tape delay thing. Watching the individual women's gymnastics last evening... knowing who won before the broadcast even began... took away a SIGNIFICANT amount of the thrill and anticipation and ALL of the suspense.

Not good.

But Good On Shawn!! Yay!!

Opal said...

Here's to you reaching the finish line on your shawl! May it come soon!

Becky G said...

Amy, I actually taped the women's all around gymnastics to watch later, only I haven't had time yet! Maybe when the actual Olympics are done, I can get to it.

Buck, I agree with that. Knowing who won takes a lot of the fun out of it. I tell myself that I'm NOT going to go to the website and look, but I always do.

And good on Shawn! Though Nastia was beautiful, too, I'm glad Shawn finally got her gold. I've always favored her, but I think it's because she reminds me so much of one of my cousins.

Opal, thanks. I'm counting down the rounds, now, but it's that crochet border that's going to trip me up. Sigh, I hate to crochet. My sister'd better love me forever for this!