Friday, August 29, 2008

Aggravated

Arggh! I am so aggravated!

You see, a while back Dani and I decided we were going to knit the same shawl, as a sort of knit along for the two of us. The only problem is that the yarn I wanted to knit mine out of was backordered until August 15th.

That was OK, as I was still working on Rona, and Dani wasn't quite ready to start anyway. About a week before the yarn was supposed to be available, I checked the Knitpicks website and the date had been pushed back until September 5th. Aggravating, but still not that big a deal, since I was still not finished with Rona.

Well, I just checked the website, and the availability date has been pushed back again! That really irks me because I need to order some needles to do my QAL on. I was going to order the yarn at the same time, since ordering only needles just isn't cost effective in terms of shipping charges. So now I have a decision to make...do I wait on the yarn and hope it is ready when they say it will be (this time)? Do I order the needles by themselves and pay outlandish shipping charges? Or do I go to my third choice?

Oh, decisions, decisions...



P.S. Dani, if you want to go ahead and start, don't feel you need to wait on me!

2 comments:

Knit and fall back in it said...

That third choice is a very attractive one. that is what I would do, if I were't the Anti-Lace, that is.

Unknown said...

Oh, don't worry! I haven't even wound the skeins of yarn for the project into balls yet. I thought of working on it, or at least starting it, while I was on vacation, but since this is my first really big lace project, I didn't want to start. Turns out I didn't get much knitting of any kind done during my vacation. :-S So, I'm still on hold until life settles down a little more, and I feel less intimidated not only by the pattern, but by my schedule, when I can actually take the time to look at the pattern carefully and figure it out! ;-) So, don't worry, I'm not waiting on you. I think in the end, you'll end up waiting on me, even with the yarn delays! :-P