Friday, August 22, 2008

Even More Watching

Dalhauser and Rogers did take the goldin beach volleyball. I would have liked to have stayed up and watched it, but sometimes life gets in the way of what you really want to do. I really wish I could have seen that third set. They won it 15-4. Cool.

After Misty and Kerri won their gold, Bob Costas was interviewing them. At one point he asked them if they wore sweats to compete in, would the sport attract as much attention.


They laughed and replied that no, it probably wouldn't. What I want to know is, don't they think the same way about men's beach volleyball? The men wear these:

Can we say "double standard"?

I posted yesterday that the IOC was investigating the ages of the Chinese gymnasts. Unfortunately, they barely even gave lip service to their so-called investigation. According to this article, they've already closed the investigation--after only a few hours-- stating that there was nothing amiss with the girls' ages. I wonder what they actually did, just ask to see the Olympic passports that we all know already were falsified?

Men's platform diving is on tonight. It's my last favorite event.



Dadgum, I just realized something. By the time the next summer Olympics comes around, Cody will have graduated high school. EEK!

8 comments:

Inquiries said...

Becky, sorry I have been a bad reader and commenter!

Your Olympic coverage is great!

Where are the next summer Olympics going to be?

Becky G said...

Ashley, no need to apologize. I know you've been sick.

Thanks, and the next Olympics will be in London. The Olympics after that haven't been decided yet, but Chicago has a bid in for them.

Knit and fall back in it said...

Don't feel bad...My daughter will graduate college before the next winter Olympics.

If I get my way, she'll be in Med School by the next Summer Olympics. If I get my way. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't...get my way, that is.

Buck said...

Dead link on the IOC story, Becky. Click and ya get this:

Yahoo! Sports - News Article Expired/Not Available

I'm wondering if it's really "all over." I think not, and I sure HOPE not.

Becky G said...

Amy, my mother wanted Med School for me, too, but I don't have any desire to be a doctor.

Buck, hmmmm, they must have taken it down sometime this morning. I read it again just as I posted that yesterday.

I'm like you. I don't think it's over, and it shouldn't be. Those who would disregard the rules to give themselves an advantage need to be held accountable. Otherwise, we might as well dispense with the rules completely.

Opal said...

i was so sad that i missed the men's diving. i had to go out that night and i totally forgot to record it!

i did notice the total disparity between the men's and women's garments in beach volleyball. all i can say is i'm glad i'm not the only one.

Becky G said...

Opal, I hope you got to watch the finals tonight. It was very exciting.

Yep, why don't the men have to wear such skimpy attire. But then, if I had a body like Kerri Walsh, I might want to show it off, too. Nah, my natural modesty would prevent me ever dressing like that.

Bag Blog said...

I stayed up and watched the men's beach v-ball. It was good. It was like the Thin Beast just turned it on and won the game.