Monday, August 04, 2008

Football Football Football

Football, football, football!!!! It's back!!!

Ok, so it's only pre season, but it's still football!

The weekend started off with the Hall of Fame induction on Saturday, followed by the Hall of Fame game on Sunday between the Colts and the Redskins. The Colts played without Peyton Manning, but they would have most of the game anyway. The Redskins won, and Colt Brennan made a good impression during his NFL debut. He completed 9 of 10 passes, including two touchdowns.

I cast on a new charity scarf, because I needed something to work on that I didn't have to look at.


The yarn is some that was sent to me by Shelly of Scarves From The Heart. And when it is finished, the scarf will go back to Scarves From The Heart. The yarn is Mondial Sophia. The pattern is simple garter stitch on size 15 needles.

Finally, Brett Favre has been reinstated, and has reported to the Green Bay Packers training camp to begin his 18th season in the NFL.

In non-football news, some sharp eyed readers may have noticed the two music players in my side bar. Also note that I've kindly set them not to play automatically. There is nothing more annoying to me than to open a page and have music not to my taste blaring and I can't turn it off. I've removed blogs from my blogroll for that very reason.

These came from Magnatune. I was introduced to Rob Costilow through David Reidy's podcast Sticks and String. I was just captivated by his music--it's piano music, so I bought the album. Buying music through Magnatune also gives you permission to make copies of the music and give it to up to three people. I think I've found some Christmas presents.



Woods of Chaos by Rob Costlow


I found Jeff Wahl through the now defunct Sweaters For Dragons podcast. This is guitar music. One guitar. One man. No overdubs. My favorite track is Lucy and Linus.


Guinevere by Jeff Wahl



I'm going to buy this one next payday.

Do go check out Magnatune.

6 comments:

Sus said...

Living in Wisconsin as I do, some of the joy of the beginning of football season has been sucked away from me by the constant drone of the Brett Favre saga.

Cool yarn for the scarf!

Knit and fall back in it said...

I have always loved Linus and Lucy and I love the guitar. My husband plays and I could sit for hours and listen to him play. I will have to investigate this Jeff Wahl thing further.

Becky G said...

Sus, you and me both!

Amy, I also love the guitar. I've tried a couple of times to learn to play it myself, but never got beyond picking out simple tunes. I'm really enjoying listening to Jeff Wahl; I hope you enjoy it, too.

Buck said...

Also note that I've kindly set them not to play automatically.

Thank you, Thank you, THANK YOU! ;-)

Opal said...

FOOTBALL! Wheeeeee!

Didn't my Colt do great? I was cheering like a mad woman when he made those 2 TD passes!! I just wish he didn't play for our rival!!

Becky G said...

Buck, you're welcome. I was thinking of you when I did that. I know that sometimes we differ in musical preferences.

Opal, he sure did! I was impressed. You're right. Too bad he has to play for the Redskins. Any other team...