Monday, August 11, 2008

Consumed

Life, that is. It has been consumed by Olympics, though I lost a big chunk of watching time when I had to go pick up Cody from band practice. Still, I got back in time to watch Michael Phelps win his third gold of the games, and set his third world record.

No doubt he was spurred on by Ian Thorpe's words when he said that Michael Phelps would never be as good as Mark Spitz. When are these people going to learn that they can't trash talk American athletes?

All it does is fire them up.

2 comments:

Bag Blog said...

I think Phelps can do it, and I hope he does. But Mark Spitz was awesome in his day. Phelps is a cutie, but Spitz was a hunk and very diplomatic too - he made a good hero.

Becky G said...

I was very young, but I remember Mark Spitz well. I agree with you. He was a total hunk, too.