Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Maybe I'm Crazy

Maybe I am crazy, but I've decided to join blog buddy Sus and take on the 100 push ups challenge.



Why? I'm not really sure. When I got out of Navy basic training, I could do 100 pushups without even thinking about it. Since then, they've become the bane of my existence. I've been doing push ups for the last few years, but they don't seem to get any easier. Maybe having a structured program will help me work my way back up to where I once was.

I did my initial test, and came up with 13 good form pushups. I'm going to start the program Monday. I'll be doing push ups on Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays. The trick will be actually remembering to do them!

Wish me luck.

8 comments:

Bag Blog said...

Wow 100 pushups! I'd rather ride a bike :)

Sus said...

Yay! I have forgotten to do them a time or two, but you just pick back up on the next scheduled day. It's just for personal gratification, anyway, so it's all good!! Welcome aboard! :)

Michele said...

I am giving this a try too! I am on week 2 day 2. I can see some improvement already.

Knit and fall back in it said...

Good luck. Maybe I should look into this, hmmmm. I am not sure I have done a hundred pushups in my whole life, cumulatively. I have a freakish lack of upper body strength. It's definitely something I should work on. I'm going to go check it out.

Perpetual Beginner said...

I gave it an initial try, but my left elbow won't sustain the rate of increase they want. I have repeated week 1 twice now, and I'm going to give a try to working up at half or a third the speed of their program.

Becky G said...

Lou, we each have our preferred method of self torture!

Sus, thanks. Maybe we can encourage each other.

Mechele, good! Glad to know it's working for you.

Amy, come on and join us. We can get our own little group going.

Cindy, I don't know if I'll be going at the pace they set either, but I'll go all the way, no matter how long it takes.

Knit and fall back in it said...

I'm in, I did the initial test last night and week 1 day 1 today. Monday will be day 2. We'll see what happens. I am afraid I am going to have to redo each week. So it takes me 12 weeks instead of 6, whatever.

Knit and fall back in it said...

I'm wondering if this theory would work on crunches as well. Do you have any idea why it wouldn't?