Saturday, September 30, 2006

Saturday


Probably the only good thing about inventory is that we get the next day off. I spent most of today moving stuff, and I finally feel like I'm making progress. I still have some furniture to move, but I'm going to have to find somebody with more beef that I've got to do so. I could hardly move my dresser out far enough to unplug the lamps. And that was after taking most of the drawers out!


Last weekend, Cody and I rented some movies. I finally got to see Failure to Launch. It was pretty good. Tuesday night, Barrett, Twinkie, James and I were standing outside the dojo chatting before class began, and I mentioned the movie. I said that on the special features they had a man on there who was 38 years old and still living with his parents. I couldn't believe it when Barrett--who is 25--said,


"If I wasn't married, I'd still be living with my parents."


And Twinkie--who is 21 and lives with his grandparents--said, "I'm staying there as long as I can."


What is with these people? There's no way I'd still be living with my mother, though my 35 year old brother does. I guess I'm far too independent. I like being on my own, not having to answer to anyone but my own conscience.


I just don't get it.

3 comments:

Lizzie Woolley said...

I'm 20 and I still live with my parents. That will change in a year because I'm going to go on my mission. When I get back, I'll live with them for another year and then, go to WSU.

Becky G said...

When I was 20, I was off at college, only coming home for the summer and holidays. Since I've been on my own for the last 20 years, there's no way I could go back to feeling like a child in my mother's house. I don't even like visiting for an extended length of time, because that's exactly what it feels like. Like being a child again, with all the restrictions a child gets.

Perpetual Beginner said...

I could never, never live with my parents again - regardless of circumstances. I tried it temporarily (6 weeks), while we were moving, and had no place to stay while dh was house hunting. My blood pressure went from 120/70 to 210/105 (I was pregnant, so I checked regularly). Within two weeks of moving out - back to 120/70.

I'm not 16 anymore, and I don't react well to being treated like a 16-year-old.