Friday, September 08, 2006

Getting there

We are slowly getting there with the house. Since the electrician I spoke to didn't show up, I talked to another one and he came out after work and looked the job over. He is going to hook me up tomorrow!

The air conditioner guy did come out today and installed my A/C, even though I didn't have electricity yet. He said I lived close enough to town that if there are any problems, he can come back out and take care of them pretty easily. Hopefully, there won't be any problems.

The representative from the manufacturer will be here tomorrow to fix everything we found during the initial walkthrough. He is also going to fix the leak in the small bathroom. Once they are done, we will be able to begin moving in.

The only thing left to do after that will be to get the phone line moved. Until that happens, I may not be able to post, so if you don't hear from me for a couple of days, try not to worry.

3 comments:

Lizzie Woolley said...

How come you are buying a mobile home instead of a house built from the ground up?

Buck said...

Progress! This is great...

Becky G said...

How come you are buying a mobile home instead of a house built from the ground up?

For one very simple reason, I have to buy what I can afford to pay for. If I were to buy an house built from the ground up, it is not likely I could find a decent home that is within my budget. A three bedroom two bath house built from the ground up would cost about twice what I am paying for mobile home. If I were to try to find a house built from the ground up for what I am paying for my mobile home, it would be a junk heap, and would cost much more to fix it up that it would be worth.

As the costs of housing continue to skyrocket, more and more people--especially those in less affluent parts of the country--are turning to manufactured homes as an alternative.

The quality of mobile homes has really improved in the last few years. They can be a solidly built as houses, just on piers rather than a slab.