Sunday, September 17, 2006

A Minute to Relax

...is what I really need!

I got a little bit more done moving in, but it rained a good deal of the afternoon, which put a bit of a damper on things. It is going much slower than I'd hoped it would. It's amazing how much junk one can accumulate when living in the same house for over a decade. I don't want to bring anything into my new house that I don't want to keep, so that means sorting through everything. That is what is taking so long.



Also, I don't want boxes of stuff sitting around my new house, so I'm wanting to bring stuff over and find a place for it before bringing more stuff over. That isn't working too well either, since I don't have my dressers or bookshelves over here yet. This afternoon I finally just backed my truck up to the front door and just started piling stuff in. That worked, only I now have to find places to put all that stuff...



If I could only find someone to help me move the rest of my big stuff--sofa, dressers, stuff like that--it will be much easier.



We did, however, get all the snakes moved and set up this weekend--at least temporarily. I need to get a stand for Blaze and Scarlett, but the rest are settled. Well, I'll have to shift them over a bit. I've got them and my computer in the third bedroom, and I forgot to leave room for my file cabinets. So the snakes will get shifted about two feet over and the 2 drawer file cabinet will go next to my computer desk. I haven't decided where to put the other one. I may get rid of it. I don't have that much in it, and it is stuff that can be stored elsewhere.



Well, I'm sure you don't want to read all the details of my moving, so I've a bit of good news. I fed all seven snakes today, and six of them ate, including Onyx who hasn't eaten in 10 weeks. Yippee! The only one who refused is Slider, but I expected that since he is getting ready to shed.

Speaking of Slider, I caught him out a couple of weeks ago and managed to get these pictures before he headed back to his hide.


Isn't he a little beauty?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Toby says he married me because I can carry my end of the couch. Wish I could help you carry our couch.

When I read your post on the snake being "out", I thought, "Out, what do you mean out?" I would probably freak if the snake were "out" as in out of a cage.

Anonymous said...

I meant your couch - not our couch.

Lizzie Woolley said...

What kind of snakes do you have?

Mathieu said...

I guess beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder.

I never had taste of lack thereof for snakes.

It's one of the rare species for which I feel mostly nothing. Maybe it's because of the apple thing. :)

good day

Buck said...

You're absolutely right, Becky: moving is such a pain. That was one of the great things about the military...you moved every two or three years, whether you wanted to or not. And that kept the junk and collected clutter waaay down. The lesson was brought home to me after the military when I moved form Detroit to Rochester after being in the same house for eight years. I thought to myself: "WHERE did all this junk come from, anyway?"

Becky G said...

Lou, I meant he was out of his cave and cruising around in his tank. I do take them out from time to time, but I don't leave them unattended. Snakes don't come when you call them.

Lizzie, I have one California King snake, four corn snakes, and two ball pythons. One of the pythons is actually my son's but I do most of the caring for him.

Mat, I won't hold it against you. ;)

Buck, I so know what you are saying. Where did all this junk come from and why do I have it all?