Saturday, September 09, 2006

So Close

and yet so far...

The electrician came out this afternoon to hook up my electricity. He was almost finished. All he had left to do was hook the wires up to my meter. Well, he noticed some charred parts on my meter box, and said I had a shortage in the meter base. I called the power company, and the guy came out and removed the meter. There was a huge spark and a blinding white light, and when he got the meter off, the entire base was all burned up. They are going to have to replace the entire meter box and disconnect box. The guy from the power company will bring out a bucket truck tomorow and disconnect the power from the pole, and the electrician will stop after he gets off work around noonish and replace the base. So now I don't have electricity in either my new house or my old one. Back to B and J's for another night.

But the water is fixed...

No comments: