Monday, September 18, 2006

Lesson for The Day

Cody occasionally gets nosebleeds. He's had them since he was 2. The doctor says they are related to his allergies, and maybe he'll outgrow them when he gets older. While we were sitting in church yesterday, Cody's nose started to bleed. I sent him out to the bathroom to get it stopped and get himself cleaned up. After a couple of minutes, he still had not returned, so I went to see if he needed any help. When I entered the bathroom, the first thing I saw was blood spatters everywhere.

With a sheepish look on his face, Cody explained, "I sneezed."

Lesson for the Day: Never sneeze while your nose is bleeding.

*note: I was supposed to post this yesterday, but forgot. My loving son gently reminded me that I'd better blog about this.


Here is the video I took a couple of weeks ago of the hummingbirds fighting over the feeder. B and J have put a new one out that looks like a lighthouse. It is really cute. I need to get a picture of it, too.
I haven't moved anything today. Well, except for two measuring cups and three mixing bowls, and my aluminum foil...I was so tired of moving that I really needed a break. I'm going to go try to fill up my big bathtub...Maybe I should go get the bubble bath...
Nah, I don't want to walk back over there.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice advice for nose bleeds. I'll have to remember that. I've only had two. One came from my cousin punching me in the face at my grandma's house when I was about 5 or 6. The other came years later when I was a shodan fighting a girl for yellow belt testing. There is an interesting story behind that I share from time to time.

It is good to take a break from moving so much. You are in my thoughts.

sunshine

Lizzie Woolley said...

I used to get nosebleeds all the time when I was a child. Twice, I got it when in karate class.

Becky G said...

Thank you Sunshine. You are never far from me in my thoughts either.

Lizzie, I used to get them, too, and still do. Mine are never as heavy as Cody's though.

Becky G said...

No, I never had problems with photobucket. It was blogger that wouldn't upload photos. But it's a moot point anyway since the video is uploaded to youtube. If you can't see it, try this URL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-tCkmOYGCo