Thursday, September 07, 2006

So Many Frustrations

We are so close now that every little thing seems to be going wrong. The crew got here around 9:45 this morning to move the house to where it should be. It wasn't just guys off the street either. This was an experienced crew who knew what they were doing.

I showed the foreman what the other crew had done, and he called the owner of the dealership to find out what he wanted them to do. His instructions were to do whatever it took to make me happy. By this time, I was talking to one of the other crew members and showed him where I had staked my back corner and where my electrical lines were run. He said, "They just put it where they wanted to, not where you said to."

So they put it where I wanted it. Exactly where I wanted it. Like it should have been done the first time. They had the neatest thing. It looked like a great big pallet jack. They picked my whole house up with it and moved it sideways. Too cool. Anyway, they made sure I was happy with where it was before blocking it and tying it down. I asked them to put my steps by the door before they left, and the foreman said, "We were going to do that anyway", and he seemed surprised when I told him the other crew hadn't.

Later he said, "I don't know what you said to Sweet (the trailer place owner), but you sure got him hopping." I told him exactly what I had told Mr. Sweet--"You have two choices here. You can put it where I want it, or you can put it back on your lot."

While they were still working, a man from the River Homes manufacturer came to see what he needed to fix. Moving trailer houses can really tear them up, so they come and fix everything that gets broken. As soon as the house was blocked, we did a walk through and wrote down several things that needed to be fixed. He will be back Saturday morning to fix it all.

Sounds like everything went well, so why am I frustrated? Two things...

The electrician never showed up. So I still don't have electricity in my new house.

J and I did get the water hooked up, but when we turned it on, there was a tremendous leak in Cody's bathroom. We had to turn the water back off, but since we disconnected the water from my old house, I don't have water there either. We are going to have to go stay with B and J for a while until everything is all lined out.

Hopefully it won't take too long.

No comments: