Tuesday, October 10, 2023

There's Hope

After I posted yesterday, and yes, I'll admit I felt like crying, I went back out to look at my bluebonnet patch.  Wonder of wonders, I found two seedlings that had survived.  Not wanting them to suffer the same fate as their companions, I quickly ran -- figuratively speaking, of course -- and cut a piece of chicken wire, gathered up some extra bricks, and put up a makeshift cover for them.  

Which I then had to shoo the cat off of...Brat. 

I've got more chicken wire and some extra 4 x 4s, so I might try to make something a bit more stable for them over the next few days.  Hopefully, it'll work, and maybe...just maybe, I'll have some bluebonnets after all. 

I'd planted three packs of seeds, so maybe more of them will sprout.  Keep your fingers crossed. 

Then I came inside and started working on my Irish Hiking scarf, and discovered I'd crossed one of the cables the wrong way.  Sigh...


Fortunately, it's only one repeat back, so I don't have that much to tink.  

That's about all I have for tonight, so let me get to work on that knitting...

Laters.

No comments: