Tuesday, October 03, 2023

I Messed Up

 I think I messed up.  I let my pineapple sage bloom.  


I've read you're not supposed to do that, but I don't know what I can do about it now.  Any herb people out there?  Will it be OK if I just cut the blooms off?   All I have been able to find out is that it signals to the plant its life cycle is over.  What I don't know is if I can fix it at this point, or if it's even worth it this late in the year, and I should let them go until spring.  Maybe I'll let it bloom, then cut the plant back pretty hard and start over.  

If all else fails, I can just buy another one next year.  Well, this has been a learning experience for me, and it has been fun, but I'm not sure I want to fool with the different varieties of mint again.  My spearmint is already established, and I couldn't really taste that much of a difference in that and the peppermint and sweet mint.  

I definitely want to keep the lemon balm and rosemary, though.  I didn't realize how much I'd like the rosemary.  

OK, moving right along, now that it's October, I can light my All Hallow's Eve candle from my friend Kristine's shop.  


It's supposed to get cold this weekend with lows in the upper 40s, and I can't wait!  I reckon I ought to call the firewood guy back and see if he's ever going to show up with my wood, or if I need to find a new supplier.  I don't know what it is with people in this town.  Nobody wants to work -- and it isn't just the young ones, either.  

Still no rain in sight, though.  I want to get a bird bath so the birds can actually bathe in it.  They've been drinking from the trough, but I feel there is a better option.  I know Lowe's has some birdbaths, but I don't want to drive all the way up there again.  I don't want to go anywhere this weekend.  I've gone out of town the last three weekends in a row, and I just want to stay home.  

Eh, maybe I can find a shallow bowl at Walmart I can use at least temporarily.  Until I can get a proper bird bath at least. 

No comments: