Monday, October 23, 2023

I Lied

 I lied to you the other day.  Ok, I didn't lie so much as I changed my mind.  I'd said I was going to work on some socks once I'd finished the hat I was working on, but I didn't. I finished the hat on Saturday.

And I did pull the sock out and knit one round, but then I put it away and cast on another hat. 


Maybe after this one, I'll knit the socks.  

In other news, I realized I haven't updated my reading list in a minute.  I finished reading Richard III, by Shakespeare, then read The Comedy Of Errors.  That's one I hadn't read before, and I really enjoyed it.  So much so, I found a performance of it on YouTube and watched it.  It was a production of Shakespeare In The Park, and the only complaints I had about it were the sound quality wasn't that great, and the camera kept showing the audience instead of the performance.  

I said after that one, I was going to take a break from Shakespeare and read something a little lighter, but again, I lied.  No, I changed my mind and started The Taming Of The Shrew.  Maybe after this one, I'll read something non-Shakespeare.  

And finally, today was the last day of work for the week, unless you're working inventory tomorrow -- which I am. Then we'll be off the rest of the week.  Fortunately for me, I had already scheduled vacation days for Wednesday and Friday, so I'll get paid for four days.  

I guess I'd better get on the horn and find some firewood.  It might be the only heat I can afford this winter. 

1 comment:

Amnicon Studio said...

On the off chance you listen to podcasts, a few years back I learned about this one that was going through Shakespeare's plays. I read 12th night and really enjoyed hearing the podcast. I struggle with shakespeare.


https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-plays-the-thing/id1426679990

Your hat knitting reminds me that I have a ball or orange yarn that I want to turn into a hat for hunting. Just need to settle on a pattern.