Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Progress

I had to go in to the doctor this morning.  Oh, nothing is wrong.  My appointment was for a follow up to check on my cholesterol and stuff.  I'd taken in the paper from my health screening last month, so he said we didn't even have to draw blood -- and after I'd skipped breakfast and more importantly, my coffee.   

Overall, he was pleased with my progress, but I mentioned that my triglycerides were still out of control, and I didn't know what else to do to get them any lower.  He reminded me that they're a whole lot better than they were back in January, when they were 283.  So 179 is a whole lot better, though it's still a bit high.  He said those levels could also have a genetic component and recommended I start taking Omega-3, which has been shown to help.  

He asked if I was exercising, and I replied that I had good intentions, but after an 8, 10, sometimes even 12 hour shift in the factory, I just don't feel like it.  I tell myself I'm going to go walk after work, but then I get into my car and my car just goes zoop and drives me home. 

All in all, it was a good appointment, and we went ahead and scheduled another follow up for April, and my next mamo for February.  As soon as I was done, I ran by Walmart and picked up those Omega-3 and splurged on some mixed nuts. 


They're good for your heart, you know. 

After going back home and eating a bite of lunch, I decided to go for a walk.  I'd originally wanted to go walk the Hasserway Wetlands Management Area trail out by the lake, but when I'd driven out there, I saw that it was closed, so I went to the Lee Tartt Nature Preserve.  I wanted to walk the new trail, but I didn't know where it was.  Instead, I walked one of the older trails, which was really nice, but not very long. 



It was a beautiful day for being outdoors -- warm, but with a nice breeze blowing to keep it from feeling too hot.  The trail wound its way through the woods and along the Yalobusha river. 


I think tomorrow I'm going to drive down there again and see if I can find the new trail.  I hear it's really nice. 

I spent the rest of the day knitting and watching a bit of TV, and working a bit in the yard.  I've been cutting my roses back bit by bit.  I think I'm going to cut them down completely because they're dying.  I don't know how to take care of roses, and they're going to have to come out for me to replace that fence anyway.  

The last thing I did was stack up all the bits of privet and stuff I'd cut out of my fences, and it made a nice little stack of wood. 


I know privet may not be the best quality firewood, but hey, it was free.  All it cost me was a little sweat. 

On a similar note, I finally contacted the guy who'd put the ad on Facebook.  I told him I'd like to buy a cord of wood, but I'm still waiting for him to get back to me.   It's been nearly 3 hours, so I'm not holding my breath that I'm going to have any wood this year. 

I'm beginning to wonder, is it something I said?  

No comments: