Friday, October 20, 2023

Lazy Friday

After a few weeks of busy Fridays, I decided to take this one easy.  I mean, after I did my weekly shopping and laundry, of course.  I got out and piddled in the yard a bit, which mostly involved cutting the sticker bushes down and lining up some 4 x 4s to stack firewood on.

Now I just need to contact the guy who put the ad on Marketplace, but it got warm enough today for my air conditioner to come on, and that put me out of the mood for it.  I'll need to get in touch with him pretty soon, so I'll have the wood already here before I need it.  

While I was piddling, I discovered that under the bricks that make up what I call my back porch is...

another porch!  I wonder, though, why the previous owners didn't line the bricks up with the edge of the concrete slab.  I'm debating on whether to make that a project, and how to do it.  As in, do I want to move the bricks so they line up with the concrete, or pull the bricks off completely, or just leave it the way it is.  

I don't know.  I've got so much that needs to be done around here, but as many times as I've been blown off or ripped off, I've gotten to where I don't trust anyone any more.  And it's a bit too much for me to handle by myself.  

Well, Hallmark Countdown to Christmas starts tonight, and Great American Family Christmas has already started, so I'm going to escape my woes in a bit of cheesiness.  With lights...and knitting. 

Laters.  

2 comments:

Amnicon Studio said...

Oh my gosh! LOL, for me, piddling means something else! :-P

Becky G said...

It means that to me, too. It's a word of many uses.