Tuesday, October 31, 2023

I Should Have Known

I should have known not to get my hopes up.  After being let down so, so many times, I shouldn't have expected this time to be any different.  

Yep, you guessed it.  The firewood guy flaked on me.  He messaged me right after I got home from work and told me -- after leading me on for a solid week-- that, oh, he didn't have enough seasoned wood to make up a load after all, so he wouldn't be able to bring it.  

Seriously?  Then why the heck did you advertise if you don't even have what you're trying to sell?????

I suppose I should give him credit for being honest about it.  He could have just brought the green wood and not said anything about it.  Still, I don't even know what to do other than just not have any fires at all.  I'll keep looking, but really at this point, I'm tired of trying. 

On a more pleasant note, I finished another hat last night. 


One more to go, then I'm going to box them all up and send them off to their intended recipients.   Just for good measure, I wanted to show you why the red hat was so tough to knit.  See these two yarns?  


They're both the same brand (Red Heart) and both listed as worsted weight, but you can see the red one is nearly twice as thick as the purple yarn.  I'll still use the red.  I'll just need to remember to use bigger needles. 

That's all I have for today, so I'll just leave you with my traditional Halloween prayer. 

1 comment:

Amnicon Studio said...

That really stinks about the firewood guy.