Saturday, October 21, 2023

A Finished Object

 I finally finished the hat I cast on like...a week ago. 


Then I cast on another one. 


I think when I've finished this one, I'm going to go ahead and send them off, so the folks at the Seaman's Church will have plenty of time to get them ready for Christmas.  Then I'm going to take a break from hats, because I was laying in bed last night and suddenly remembered I'd cast on a sock last month with yarn I'd bought at FFITS.  I'd knit about an inch and a half, then set it aside until I decided on a pattern, only I completely forgot about it instead.  I still haven't picked out a pattern, so I may just do a K2P2 rib all the way down.  

Knitting was slow going this week anyway, because I had my first split fingertip of the season. 


It's on my left thumb, and no, it's not a cut.  It's from dry skin that splits open.  They often run very deep and are quite painful.  I've been taking extra vitamin E, and using O'Keefe's Working Hands, but this is just the way it is when the air is cold and dry. 

The only other thing I did was to grind up my dried lemon balm and bottle it.  I managed to get two full jars of herbs this year -- one of the lemon balm and one of pineapple sage. 


I'll probably give them as Christmas gifts, but I'm tempted to keep the lemon balm to make tea with.  I likely won't, though.  I've got tea running out my ears already that I need to drink up.  

No comments: