Monday, October 09, 2023

I Did A Thing

So I did a thing yesterday.

No, I didn’t leave the house. Let’s not get crazy here.

Well, then, what is this thing I did yesterday?  I got out this scarf -- you know the one I've been working on for literally years and this is as far as I've gotten --


and I realized it just wasn't speaking to me.  I didn't like it.  I didn't like the scarf.  I didn't like the pattern. I didn't want to knit on it any more.  So I ripped it.  The whole thing.  I hanked the yarn up and soaked it a bit to try to get some of the kink out, and when it's good and dry, I'll wind it into a cake and set it aside until I can find the perfect pattern for it.  

The yarn is a DK weight wool/acrylic blend that my ex MIL sent me when she was destashing.  Life DK by Stylecraft is the brand.  

Instead, I got this scarf out and worked on it a bit more. 


It's an Irish Hiking Scarf that I widened a bit, and the yarn is Knit Picks Brava, which is amazingly soft for acrylic.  I'm hoping if I can get it done in time, I can give it to my daughter in law for Christmas.  Or her birthday, which is also in December.   

In work news, I got to work bright and early this morning and found out there's going to be another shutdown this month.  It'll be during inventory week, which would have only been a three day work week for those who don't work inventory anyway.  This year, they'll only be working Monday, while inventory itself will be moved to Tuesday instead of Thursday.  We'll have the rest of the week off.   

Funny how there never seems to be a need to shut down the front office...

What I wonder, though, is why our supervisor is constantly harping on our production numbers when we're plenty far ahead of the lines, and work is so slow we have to keep having these shutdowns.  The only bright spot is that he wasn't there today.  

In other, miscellaneous news, since I turned my Hulu Live back on, I've discovered that they added the Magnolia Network.  I've been totally bingeing on Maine Cabin Masters.  I also started watching old episodes of Kitchen Nightmares, which I'm really enjoying, even though the show seems pretty scripted.  I don't know why I didn't watch it when it came on.  Maybe it came on after my bedtime.  I'm still trying to get into Yellowstone, though.  I'm struggling with that one.  My friends tell me it gets better, but I'm through episode 5 and I'm still not really liking it. 

And finally, there comes a time in everyone's life when you just have to throw in the towel and admit defeat.  I went out to put a little water on my bluebonnet seedlings this afternoon, and they were all gone.  All of them.  Completely gone.   I'm heartbroken.

I can only guess that the deer ate them, which I didn't think deer would eat bluebonnets, but I guess they do.  But that's it for me.  I'm done.  I give up.  

I'm just not meant to have bluebonnets.  

No comments: