Thursday, March 08, 2007

When Ideas Fail



A piece of fruit is always a good subject when you can't think of anything else to draw. This one was drawn from imagination.

I broke down and started another pair of socks on dpns this afternoon. I was trying to hold out and finish my magic loop and two circulars pairs, but I really think I like doing them on dpns better. I'm still working on my WIP list also, but my second prayer shawl has gotten a bit bogged down. I'm just not motivated to work on it. I know I should be, but I just can't get into it. I've mostly been working on the grey scarf that I keep ripping and starting over. I'm done with ripping it, though. I think I've got it just the right width now.

We had a new student in karate tonight, so sensei worked with her while I led the rest of the class through basics, stances, and kata. After that, we did some self defense drills with the bags. Sensei is very fond of straight leg kicks to the shin, but I just can't seem to get the hang of them. I can't seem to get any power in my kicks. On the other hand, when I kicked Blake, he whined that it hurt, so there must be something to it.

Sinister


Ahh, snake update. Scarlett and Blaze both shed. Scarlett, the one I though I was going to lose 10 months ago has finally hit the two foot mark! Blazie, on the other hand, is nearly three feet. They are the same age, but that shows how much her throwing up affected her growth. She should eventually catch up to where she should be. But the point I was going to make is, I got some videos of her shedding and will post them in a day or so.
*
*


No comments: