Thursday, March 29, 2007

Spring Band Concert

Once again I am amazed at the skill with which these kids played. This is the first band, or Symphonic band. The second band is called the Concert band. They are good, too. But not this good. But then, my child is in this band, so I'm a bit biased.

*If you can't see the videos, try again later. *

First up: Flourish



And then: In The Valley Of The Ancients. I've heard high school bands that don't play this piece this well.



Pretty good for a bunch of 12 and 13 year old kids, huh?

6 comments:

Bag Blog said...

With my new internet I was able to listen to both videos. Cody's band was excellent.

Becky G said...

Lou, I'm glad you got to hear them. Thank you.

Lizzie Woolley said...

They are excellent!!!!!!!!!!! I liked their pieces. Quite advanced for middle schoolers.

Becky G said...

Thank you Lizzie. I agree that they are very advanced. This school district has one of the top band programs in the country. That's one reason I don't move, as frustrating as my job is. I want Cody to have that opportunity to participate in this band.

Anonymous said...

Well written article.

Becky G said...

Thanks Cheryl.