Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Polar Bear Take 2



I decided to give the polar bear another go, and I think this one turned out better, even though the eyes are still a little flat.

I went back to karate tonight, but didn't make it through the entire class. I lost what little strength I had and had to sit down. Sensei understood though, because he'd had the same sickness I had. He said that maybe he'd given it to me, since we both got sick the same day.

Mr. Eiffling was there from the Greenville dojo. Sensei had asked him to come and give Barrett and Josh an evaluation since they will be testing soon. I was nervous about him being there, even though he is really nice. Sensei had said he hoped he could get him to come more often, and I hope he does. It will be nice to have a fresh perspective on things. Besides that, Mr Eiffling is an outstanding martial artist.

One thing he mentioned to Barrett (Josh wasn't there tonight) was that he and Josh should train together as often as they can outside of class. Having a training partner will make such a difference in the quality of your training. I was thinking, "Boy I wish I'd had a training partner. All I had was James!"
*
*

No comments: