Thursday, March 15, 2007

Lead Me Not Into Temptation

As I sit here at my computer desperately trying to think of something interesting to blog about, a disturbing thought has come to my mind.

I only have one ball of sock yarn left.
Now I know I could just get online and order some more, but this doesn't fit in with my Stashalong goals. I still have 5 items on my WIP list that I haven't completed. I keep trying to justify buying more, even though I haven't finished my goals.

Let's see, there is that huge bag of yarn I donated to the art teacher at the school. There is no way I'd buy up enough sock yarn to replace all of that. Then there is the two rather large projects I've done/am doing from stash that weren't on my list. That ought to count for something. Plus, I have completed half of the list already...

Surely it wouldn't hurt to buy just a few balls of sock yarn. Or would it? Would fudging on my goals really accomplish the purpose of the Stashalong? If I cheat this time, wouldn't it be just that much easier to do it again?

Lead me not into temptation.

Back to knitting.
*
*

2 comments:

Sus said...

Oh, Becky, I feel your pain. I really do. I don't know what to tell you. I think I would feel like I were cheating during Lent. But I've often cheated during Lent and I've lived quite happily to tell about it. ::grin::

Becky G said...

Yes, and tomorrow Cody and I are planning on going to the Memphis Zoo. I've recently discovered that there are three yarn shops in Memphis--all of them very close to the zoo. Sigh...

Well, we go to the zoo quite often. I'd better get busy knitting.