Monday, March 05, 2007

Two Fer

You get a two fer today. Two sketches of the same thing. The first one was done last night while I was rebooting my computer. The second I did on my lunch break today. Yes, I know the first one is dated 3/3, but that's because I hadn't turned over my calendar page and wrote the wrong date down.




Lately here, I've been plagued with start-over-itis. I hadn't planned on doing the monthly dishcloth this time, but later I decided to do it anyway. I got all the way to day #4, and decided I'd chosen the wrong color for it, so I ripped it out. The pattern is of a bunny, and I really want to do it in pink. I don't have a solid pink, but I do have a real nice variegated that I'll do it in. Or maybe I'll just do it in an off white that I have. Also, I was knitting a grey scarf out of some leftover yarn when I decided it would end up too short and wide. So, despite being over half way through, I ripped it out and started over. I'd knitted about 10" and realized that this time I'd gotten it too skinny. So I ripped it out again. I think it's just right this time.


If only I could shake this persistent cough, I'd feel a whole lot better. Then I might feel like actually posting something interesting. The doc gave me some cough medicine, but it makes me so drowsy I can't take it during the day. It would make for some unusual posts, though.
*
*

1 comment:

Becky G said...

There was, but it was acrylic. Acrylic can be used for many things, but cotton is best for dishcloths. There was a skein of solid red cotton, but I've already used it for a project.